Last updated: April 2023
Why do we have this Policy?
This Policy clarifies what product purchased at BJ Electric Supplies Ltd. (BJE) is later returnable for either a refund or credit to the customer’s account to avoid confusion and ensure customer satisfaction.
Product Returns Policy
BJE will accept a returned product and provide compensation under the guidelines listed. Any return requests not meeting each of these guidelines will be reviewed on a case by case basis and may not be approved.
1. Time Limit: any product return requests for products purchased from BJE must be received within 30 days of receipt of goods.
2. Condition: The product should be in its original packaging and in new, unused condition, unless the reason for the return request is either that the product has been damaged in transit or is defective.
3. Acceptable Reasons:
Incorrect Product: If the product was ordered by the customer in error, return freight will be at the cost of the purchaser. If the product was ordered by BJE in error, all freight costs will be waived.
Product Damaged in Transit: Damaged products should be reported within 48 hours of confirmation of delivery.
Defective Product: Defective product will be subject to the manufacturer’s warranty and will be repaired or replaced as per the manufacturer’s approved policy.
4. Exclusions: Custom, made-to-order (including wire, cable or raceway specified as “cut to length”) and products identitied as ‘clearance’ are sold on a ‘Final Sale’ basis only; no cancellations or returns will be authorized. While not strictly excluded, items considered ‘non-stock’ as well as LED luminaires and lamps must involve Purchasing in any request for return.
5. Acceptable Method of Notice:
A return request for products purchased in store can be directed to the customer’s dedicated Account Manager, an Inside Sales Representative, or simply presented to a Counter Service Representative for return inspection.
A return request for products ordered in advance and/or shipped to the customer should be directed to the customer’s dedicated Account Manager or, if none, to an Inside Sales Representative.
Who does this impact?
This Policy applies to all customers of BJE.
Inspections of product on return will be the responsibility of the BJE representative handling the request.
Return requests will be referred to the Inside Sales Supervisor when of greater value than $1,000, or in cases where not all return guidelines been met.
Purchasing will be notified in return requests involving LED lamps, LED luminaires or products considered non-stock.
How is it done or carried out?
Customers can request a Return Material Authorization (RMA) if wanting to return a product for refund or credit. The request should meet return guidelines:
1. An invoice, BJE sales order number or customer purchase order number will allow BJE to assess any Time Limit,
2. The customer should state the product’s Condition,
3. The customer should state the Acceptable Reason for return,
4. The customer should indicate how the product will be returned and their preference as to refund, replacement or credit, and
5. The request should be made through an Acceptable Method of Notice. (or email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: “Product Return”)
Return Material Authorizations (RMA)
If the product in question is being returned due to an error on the part of either BJE or the manufacturer, the customer will be made whole.
If the product in question is considered stock and is found suitable for resale, and the return value is less than $1,000, the RMA will be approved by the BJE representative who received the request.
Return requests will be referred to the Inside Sales Supervisor when of greater value than $1,000, or in cases where not all return guidelines been met. The Supervisor shall determine any additional charges which may apply, such as freight or restocking fees.
If the product involves LED luminaires, LED lamps, or is considered non-stock, Purchasing must determine whether the product can be returned, and if there will be any associated fees or penalties from the manufacturer. Such fees and penalties will be indicated to the customer on the RMA document.
Products approved for RMA should be returned with the reference number indicated in the return address and copies of the RMA document affixed to the outside packaging.
“Stock”: product stocked on the shelf at the BJE location the product was purchased from.
“Non-stock”: product not stocked on the shelf at the BJE location where the product was purchased from, but instead ordered at the direction of the customer.
“Custom”: product that has been designed and manufactured to meet a customer’s specific needs, typically indicated by the manufacturer, eg. custom cables and wire harnesses, electrical control panels, switchgear, power distribution units (PDUs), connectors with unique pin configurations.
“Made-to-order”: product that has been fabricated after manufacture to meet a customer’s specific needs, eg. wire, cable or flexible conduit cut from a reel to specified length, lighting fixtures with unique shapes, sizes, or finishes, enclosures with knockouts, pre-printed labels and identification tags.
“Clearance”: product who’s sale price has been heavily discounted to at or near cost, either by BJE or the manufacturer.