BJ Electric: Cookie experts
You knew we were experts at electrical supplies, but did you know we are also excellent bakers? We had a cookie cook-off, and after some very difficult deliberation, we’ve chosen a winner! Congrats to Jason Bend for his zebra cookie recipe. They were a joy to judge! If you want to try out these award winning cookies at home, the recipe is just below! Let us know what you think!
Jason Bend’s Zebra Cookies
A very festive thumbprint style cookie. A treat for the eyes as well as the tastebuds.
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 48 chocolate candy Kisses with white stripes
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted chocolate, sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the flour and baking powder. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Unwrap the candy Kisses.
- Roll cookie dough into walnut sized balls and roll each ball in the confectioners’ sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on an unprepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Tops should be crackled and the edges should be golden brown. While the cookies are still hot, press a candy Kiss into the center of each one. Remove to cool on racks.